POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Bar codes : Re: Bar codes Server Time
5 Sep 2024 01:22:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bar codes
From: scott
Date: 14 Oct 2009 04:47:48
Message: <4ad59034@news.povray.org>
> Now I'm thinking... it appears to be a standard Data Matrix barcode, so if
> I could figure out WTF the data encoded in it is, I could print as many of
> them as I like, without a fee...

Won't they encode a serial number in there? As soon as they detect a 2nd
stamp in the system with the same serial number (or with one they know they
haven't sold yet) there will be trouble.

Also it probably has some checksum, you'd need a shed load of stamps to
figure it out probably.

And hope they don't encode your IP address or payment details in there too.

A bit like that system on Blu-Ray discs, where every player plays back a
very slightly different version, so when someone rips and uploads to
BitTorrent, they can tell exactly which player it was ripped from.