POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Arguing with government bureaucrats... (rant) : Re: Arguing with government bureaucrats... (rant) Server Time
5 Sep 2024 01:18:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Arguing with government bureaucrats... (rant)
From: scott
Date: 14 Oct 2009 03:21:20
Message: <4ad57bf0@news.povray.org>
> For the purposes of this discussion, I modified an existing digram from
> the Web (in blatant disregard for copyright :-p ):
> http://www.beantoad.com/newimages/michigan_left.gif
>
> It's not impassable, but it is is a ditch, not mowed, and sometimes
> containis water.  There is no stop light, and never will be.

Oh I see, so the cars joining from the bottom of your diagram just have to
wait for a big enough gap in the traffic to join?  Sounds pretty hard if you
want to immediately get over to the left lane with everyone else doing, err,
hang on what is the speed limit on this road?

> It's the type of road where cars aren't supposed to have to stop.  Ever.
> But it's also not a limited access freeway, by any means.

I think the difference here is that we don't have those sorts of roads
(where the cars never stop) in cities.  Outside of cities, sure, but they
would have a speed limit of 70 mph and never have any roads joining without
proper on/off ramps, and definitely no cars ever leaving/joining from the
fast lane.  Within cities roads always have stop lights every so often,
which gives plenty of opportunity for pedestrians and cyclists to cross.