POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Bad science fiction : Re: Bad science fiction Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:22:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bad science fiction
From: Neeum Zawan
Date: 13 Oct 2009 22:25:36
Message: <4ad536a0$1@news.povray.org>
On 10/13/09 20:50, SharkD wrote:
> I'm OK with Star Trek on TV and in the movies (OK, maybe not so much in
> the last ten years or so...). I'm a lot less tolerant of sub par science
> fiction novels.

	I haven't read that much SF. Read most of Clarke's and Asimov's works,
but then just a smattering here and there.

	My experience is that the novels are *much* more "valid" SF than
typical movies and SF TV series. To give you an idea, go search for my
posts regarding District 9 and why it's poor SF (although still a good
movie).

--
AAAAA - American Association Against Acronym Abuse