POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Bad science fiction : Re: Bad science fiction Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:22:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bad science fiction
From: Darren New
Date: 13 Oct 2009 20:12:00
Message: <4ad51750$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   Out of curiosity: Do you consider Terminator and Terminator 2 to be SF?

I would say so. The idea that a humanoid robot comes back in time is pretty
central to the story, and it's about her reaction to being chased, having to
grow up to defend herself, etc.

About the closest you could really come would be a story about a guy who
invents medieval armor or something the first time, and I'd class *that* as
SF too, even if it's set in the past.

> Do you consider them to be good SF?

I enjoyed them, yes. :-) It was also sufficiently believable that I didn't
say "Oh come on."  At least, not too often.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)