POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A little arithmetic : Re: A little arithmetic Server Time
5 Sep 2024 01:22:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A little arithmetic
From: Darren New
Date: 13 Oct 2009 12:32:09
Message: <4ad4ab89$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> To be completely precise, let's look at *pixels* per inch, since this is
> unambiguous.

Almost unambiguous. Is a pixel one color or three?  Screens and cameras, for
example, usually use different definitions for these. Typography software
sometimes takes advantage of the fact that a "pixel" is three picture elements.

> black text on a white background, printers win by a mile. (Even

Generally, 300DPI is considered "proof quality" in printing. It's what you
look at to check for spelling mistakes.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)