POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Open usenet servers? : Re: Open usenet servers? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:22:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Open usenet servers?
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 13 Oct 2009 12:21:31
Message: <4ad4a90b$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 13 Oct 2009 12:17:49 +0200, scott wrote:

> posts
> should be moved if they are made in the wrong group, and the subjects
> should be changed if they don't give a good description of the content.

Actually, as a moderator of forums that are available both on the web and
via NNTP, I dislike the moving of threads (because it doesn't reflect
through the NNTP side) or changing the subjects.  That promotes IMHO lazy
thinking on the part of the users, because they don't have to get it
right.

I prefer to redirect the users and make them do the work, that way the
next time, they'll think about where to post, even if only to reduce the
amount of work they have to do.

Jim