POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Arguing with government bureaucrats... (rant) : Re: Arguing with government bureaucrats... (rant) Server Time
5 Sep 2024 01:21:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Arguing with government bureaucrats... (rant)
From: SharkD
Date: 13 Oct 2009 00:03:24
Message: <4ad3fc0c$1@news.povray.org>
On 10/12/2009 11:50 PM, SharkD wrote:
> On 10/12/2009 2:14 PM, Jeremy "UncleHoot" Praay wrote:
>> If you're a 15 year-old boy, are you going to
>> take the direct (through the ditch) route, or travel 1/2 mile out of your
>> way?
>>
>> Sigh...
>
> Most 15 year-old boys could use the exercise.

Ooops. Hit 'Send' to quick.

Seriously, bicycling and walking along busy roads generally sucks all
across the US. What I hate most is when a sidewalk will suddenly end and
you are forced to have to walk in the grass or across people's lawns.

There's a path I sometimes walk to the doctor's office. 75% of the way
there's a sidewalk. Until about half way there there are sidewalks on
both sides. Then, it suddenly switches to only one side (the other side
in my case) of the road for no reason. At about 3/4 of the way the
sidewalk stops completely, only to begin again about a 100 yards from
the hospital (at which point it switches to the other side of the road
again!!).

People's yards where there are no sidewalks look like crap from being
walked over all the time. I don't know why the residents don't decide to
install sidewalks. Maybe it's to serve as a "negro barrier zone" between
neighboring, more populated areas.

-Mike