POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Nice reflective sphere ... : Re: Nice reflective sphere ... Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:26:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Nice reflective sphere ...
From: clipka
Date: 12 Oct 2009 20:54:00
Message: <4ad3cfa8$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New schrieb:

> 0K is unreachable even in theory.

It may provide just as good a base for actual experiments as specifying
any other temperature; I guess the systematic error introduced by a
deviating temperature is comparatively easy to "compute away", and I
also guess that it might be easier to measure an actual temperature than
to achieve a certain reference temperature, so the math to compensate
for the deviating temperature might be needed anyway, making 0K just as
good as any other reference temperature (maybe making the math even
slightly easier).