POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Inspect DLL : Re: Inspect DLL Server Time
5 Sep 2024 11:23:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Inspect DLL
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 12 Oct 2009 16:13:59
Message: <4ad38e07$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> OK, so here's a question: I think I understand how to load a DLL and
> call the functions it exports, but... how do you find out what functions
> a DLL exports?
>
> I mean, one way would be to find some documentation. But if you don't
> have any... is there some way to inspect the symbol list somehow? Can
> you get an argument list? How about type information?
Depends. Are we talking a COM supporting one? There are three flavors of
dll, one has internal entry points that you need a linking table to get
at. I.e., there is no stored internal data on what is there. Full COM
supporting ones (one ones using any such variation on the concept)
include an internal table and some standard method of "asking" what all
the calls, variables, types, etc. are. The third is a kind of hybred,
where "some" of the internals are exposed via the interface, but others
have been intentionally designed to only allow linking using the
header/table used to inform a compiler what they are.

--
void main () {

     if version = "Vista" {
       call slow_by_half();