POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Visual C# .net (and XNA) first impressions : Re: Visual C# .net (and XNA) first impressions Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:21:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Visual C# .net (and XNA) first impressions
From: Darren New
Date: 12 Oct 2009 14:53:10
Message: <4ad37b16$1@news.povray.org>
Fredrik Eriksson wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Oct 2009 18:50:12 +0200, Darren New <dne### [at] sanrrcom> wrote:
>> Warp wrote:
>>>    Not everything in a source file is supposed to be part of the
>>> public interface.
>>
>> Ah, but it *is*, in C++.[1]
>
> No.

OK, I'll grant you that you were talking about the bodies of the functions
also. My bad. :-)

>> In C#, you can tell it to leave the private functions out of the
>> generated documentation altogether.
>
> There is no reason why a C++-capable version of "it" could not do the same.

Sure. But people are discussing .h files, where there's no such option in
C++. In C, you could make the function static, but that's not the same thing
for a C++ method.  Obviously you could write a tool that works almost as
well for sufficiently well-organized C++ code as works for C#, but then
you'd be complaining you might not have that tool elsewhere. :-)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)