POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Visual C# .net (and XNA) first impressions : Re: Visual C# .net (and XNA) first impressions Server Time
5 Sep 2024 01:18:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Visual C# .net (and XNA) first impressions
From: Captain Jack
Date: 12 Oct 2009 11:01:15
Message: <4ad344bb@news.povray.org>
"scott" <sco### [at] scottcom> wrote in message
> [...]
> One little niggle I had to start with was that when you define a class,
> you need to write the code for all the methods of that class in the
> definition too (in C++ I would usually put the actual method code in a
> separate file). [...]

In the .NET environment, you could do it that way by writing an interface,
then implementing the interface in a class definition. I wouldn't recommend
doing that just to make C# behave like C++, though. C# is great at what it
does, and C++ is great at what it does, but they're really two different
languages. C# is a front end for the .NET CLR, and is made so that C and C++
programmers have a familiar way in to that environment. C++ is for
programming down to the bare metal, and hopefully always will be.

I use .NET languages when I need to quickly make input modules. You still
can't beat C++ for performance, though. :)