POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Inspect DLL : Re: Inspect DLL Server Time
5 Sep 2024 01:22:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Inspect DLL
From: Invisible
Date: 12 Oct 2009 09:11:49
Message: <4ad32b15$1@news.povray.org>
Now this is really quite interesting.

I found a DLL called autodisk.dll which exports half a dozen functions
and hundreds of COM methods and properties. I found several other DLLs
which apparently export... absolutely nothing. (Why do they exist then?)

Some DLLs for highly complex tasks appear to export a tiny amount of
stuff, so clearly there's something I'm not seeing. And then there are
huge, huge numbers of DLLs on the system which aren't registered anywhere.

And who says that staring into a screen full of code numbers is a good
way to learn stuff? ;-)