POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Why I don't do design : Re: Why I don't do design Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:27:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why I don't do design
From: scott
Date: 12 Oct 2009 05:13:57
Message: <4ad2f355$1@news.povray.org>
> I wonder - is there anything that SketchUp *is* the right tool for? Every
> single time I mention it, everybody says I should use Blender instead...

AIUI (I only tried it once ages ago when it first came out) it is meant for
quickly designing simple, straight-lined 3D objects.  Like simplified
versions of buildings that mostly consist of cuboids or angled parts.
Wasn't it originally released to allow people to add 3D versions of
buildings to Google Earth?