POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Pretty cool stuff for professional programmers : Re: Pretty cool stuff for professional programmers Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:27:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pretty cool stuff for professional programmers
From: Darren New
Date: 10 Oct 2009 15:19:58
Message: <4ad0de5e@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> I suppose you could throw a bunch of user events at it and check that it
> doesn't fail any asserts. Doesn't prove it's working right, but it's a
> start.

Yeah. Lots of the "bugs" I find are things just not following the specs.
It's hard to know in advance (for example) if some randomly mal-formed web
page will "look wrong" when you try to render it, or even what to do about it.

Testing doesn't tell you if your requirements are incomplete or incorrect,
which is I think the primary place my bugs come from.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)