POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Pretty cool stuff for professional programmers : Re: Pretty cool stuff for professional programmers Server Time
5 Sep 2024 01:20:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pretty cool stuff for professional programmers
From: Darren New
Date: 10 Oct 2009 13:18:38
Message: <4ad0c1ee@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> Man, that's one hell of a complicated system! Much bigger than anything
> I'll ever work on.

I saw a better one. When someone made a change, it runs thru the smoke
tests, and then gets pushed up to about 5% to 10% of the web servers. If
after 15 minutes the web servers haven't reported any statistically unusual
number of script failures, it gets pushed out to more and more servers. So
they do a deploy on their production system every 30 to 60 minutes during
the workday.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)