POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The Internet is strange : Re: The Internet is strange Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:21:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Internet is strange
From: John VanSickle
Date: 10 Oct 2009 11:17:07
Message: <4ad0a573@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> John VanSickle <evi### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
>> There have been documented cases of
>> couples seeking fertility treatment who didn't know that intercourse was
>> involved.
>
>   How do they think it happens, then?

The one case I read of involved a couple who had somehow remained
ignorant of sex, even to the point that after some time being married,
they believed that occupying the same bed while asleep would induce
pregnancy.  Somehow.

It's a reflection on their upbringing, but it must be kept in mind that
instances like this are quite rare.  I myself am a member of a church
that is more conservative than most, and I'm not aware of anything
remotely like this happening to any member.

Regards,
John