POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I guess I like Steam... : Re: I guess I like Steam... Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:25:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I guess I like Steam...
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 9 Oct 2009 14:23:26
Message: <4acf7f9e$1@news.povray.org>
>> I don't think I've bought a PC since around the XP days that has an
>> actual reset button. The only way to hard boot any of the 5 machines I
>> have here is to hold down the power key.
>
> The case I built my new PC in doesn't have a reset switch, either,
> though all motherboards still have the headers for one. Irritatingly,
> the case didn't contain an internal beep speaker. I had to salvage one
> from an old case so I could hear the diagnostic codes, should something
> happen.
>
> But, yet, I still have a big physical switch on the power supply that
> will actually physically cut power to the motherboard.

The Dell OptiPlex 755's we have at work lack either a reset switch or a
switch on the PSU. If the PC locks, your only recourse is to pull the
cable out of the back. (Unless, you know, you can figure out WHERE THE
HELL IT'S PLUGGED IN. Then you could just turn the power point off...)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/