POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : My chickens and the cost of cheap food : Re: My chickens and the cost of cheap food Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:18:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My chickens and the cost of cheap food
From: Jeremy "UncleHoot" Praay
Date: 9 Oct 2009 13:27:18
Message: <4acf7276$1@news.povray.org>
"Verm" <a@b> wrote in message news:4acf4ac5$1@news.povray.org...
> Water (+ gunk) is often added to chicken breasts to make them heavier.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/food-and-drink/news/chicken-injected-with-beef-waste-sold-in-uk-1696407.html

Wow.  It's kind of sad when you feel like you need an ingredients label on
something as simple as a chicken breast.

We grew-out a chicken to 10 lbs (dressed weight) last year, just by letting
it live a couple extra weeks.  The breast on it was HUGE.  It took us
several more dinners and lunches to finish it off.  :-)