POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I guess I like Steam... : Re: I guess I like Steam... Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:26:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I guess I like Steam...
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 9 Oct 2009 13:16:38
Message: <4acf6ff6$1@news.povray.org>
On 10/9/2009 11:11 AM, Darren New wrote:

> I don't think I've bought a PC since around the XP days that has an
> actual reset button. The only way to hard boot any of the 5 machines I
> have here is to hold down the power key.

The case I built my new PC in doesn't have a reset switch, either,
though all motherboards still have the headers for one. Irritatingly,
the case didn't contain an internal beep speaker. I had to salvage one
from an old case so I could hear the diagnostic codes, should something
happen.

But, yet, I still have a big physical switch on the power supply that
will actually physically cut power to the motherboard.

--
~Mike