POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Visual C# .net (and XNA) first impressions : Re: Visual C# .net (and XNA) first impressions Server Time
5 Sep 2024 01:19:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Visual C# .net (and XNA) first impressions
From: Warp
Date: 9 Oct 2009 11:47:53
Message: <4acf5b29@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> I'm just impressed that somebody could write a program with C++ and
> DirectX and 1. have it actually work and 2. have it to something nontrivial.

  I'm not surprised you are impressed by such things.

> I'm sure you remember my first C++ program. That was a trivial console
> application, and it *still* took miles of code. And it didn't even make
> any low-level system calls such as DirectX...

  You simply refuse to actually learn how to program properly in C++ even
if some people try to teach you. I believe you do that on purpose (because
if you actually learned to program efficiently in C++, you would have to
redact some of your stances and opinions about the language). It's not that
you can't understand C++, it's that you won't.

--
                                                          - Warp