POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I guess I like Steam... : Re: I guess I like Steam... Server Time
5 Sep 2024 01:18:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I guess I like Steam...
From: Warp
Date: 9 Oct 2009 11:39:35
Message: <4acf5937@news.povray.org>
Reactor <rea### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> > ... 'cause accidently kicking my computer's power button while
> > downloading that 4 GB game would have had a somewhat higher frustration
> > potential otherwise :-P

> Having done that once or twice before, my current machine has the reset button
> disconnected.

  I'm really wondering why so many PC cases have such a huge reset button
which is so easy to push. I think this is a historical leftover from the
DOS days where it was common to have to push the reset button a couple of
times per hour (especially in the very old DOS days which had games which
couldn't be quit, and the only way was to reset). Those days are long, long
over, so why still such a design?

  In my PC case the reset button is behind a lid (which covers also the
power button and DVD drives). Even if the lid is kept open, it's hard to
press the button accidentally because it's small and recessed, rather than
bulging.

--
                                                          - Warp