POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Hopido : Re: Hopido Server Time
5 Sep 2024 01:23:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hopido
From: Warp
Date: 9 Oct 2009 11:21:46
Message: <4acf550a@news.povray.org>
gregjohn <pte### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> .... meaning you had a team of musicians and graphic artists supporting you?

  Well, I'm working at a game company, so I suppose you could say that.
Although I'd say that I'm part of a team.

> I'd heard that Apple had some draconian terms for refunds that imposed an unfair
> penalty on the coder if an app were returned.  Instead of +$0.99 or +$0.00 in
> profits, you only got a $0.20 penalty. Do you foresee this impacting your
> revenue flow?

  It's not "my" revenue flow. I don't own that game, I just programmed it.
The company I work for owns it. I just get paid for my work.

  AFAIK that commotion about the draconian rule is quite exaggerated.

> Why didn't you release a free, "LITE" app and then entice folks for an upgrade?
> (I'm not saying you should have, just wondering what you think of that business
> plan.)

  It's not up to me, but it's perfectly possible for a lite version to be
released in the future.

--
                                                          - Warp