POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Visual C# .net (and XNA) first impressions : Re: Visual C# .net (and XNA) first impressions Server Time
5 Sep 2024 01:21:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Visual C# .net (and XNA) first impressions
From: Invisible
Date: 9 Oct 2009 10:33:33
Message: <4acf49bd$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:

> I've just started to dig the surface of XNA, but it seems to me to be
> basically DirectX.net, which is not a bad thing.  I got a simple 2D and
> then 3D program up and running in very little time, I'd say maybe 4 or 5
> times quicker than I ever managed with C++ and DirectX.

I'm just impressed that somebody could write a program with C++ and
DirectX and 1. have it actually work and 2. have it to something nontrivial.

I'm sure you remember my first C++ program. That was a trivial console
application, and it *still* took miles of code. And it didn't even make
any low-level system calls such as DirectX...