POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Open usenet servers? : Re: Open usenet servers? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:22:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Open usenet servers?
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 8 Oct 2009 14:57:00
Message: <4ace35fc@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 08 Oct 2009 11:51:33 -0700, Darren New wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>> On Thu, 08 Oct 2009 10:18:42 -0700, Darren New wrote:
>>
>>> Unless you find it via google and the only answer is "I moved this
>>> into the proper forum" without any indication of what the proper forum
>>> is or where it linked to.
>>
>> Most modern web-based forum software doesn't leave a pointer, it just
>> moves the message to the new forum.
>
> Well, yes, and therein lies the problem. I've seen this happen dozens of
> times. :-)

It's not really a problem, though - the result is found in the new
location unless it took a long time for someone to decide to move it.
Generally (in my experience) moves happen very quickly.

Not saying it doesn't happen, but that "dozens of times" out of "millions
of messages" is statistically small.

Jim