POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Failure : Re: Failure Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:22:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Failure
From: scott
Date: 8 Oct 2009 04:05:01
Message: <4acd9d2d$1@news.povray.org>
> Now it works 14% of the time.

Can't you just clean the window and suction cup surface thoroughly?  Use
alcohol or something to get rid of the grease.

> I'm wondering if there's some way I could drill it to the dashboard, or
> stick it down with tape or something...

You can get some pretty strong tapes, but usually they lose their stickyness
at high temperatures (I assume you leave your car out in the sun at some
point in the summer).  Screwing it into the dashboard is an option, but it's
going to lose you some re-sale value on your car probably.  Maybe there is
some edge or corner that you can use a clamp with?  Something like this:

http://www.themountdepot.com/RAP_B_121BU_p/rap-b-121bu.htm