POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : My chickens and the cost of cheap food : Re: My chickens and the cost of cheap food Server Time
5 Sep 2024 01:25:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My chickens and the cost of cheap food
From: Invisible
Date: 7 Oct 2009 12:01:19
Message: <4accbb4f$1@news.povray.org>
Jeremy "UncleHoot" Praay wrote:

> It's sad that our food system has become so commoditized that most people
> can't believe that there could be such a difference in quality.

Well, I don't know. I'm not convinced that one slab of chicken breast
tastes any different to another. Then again, if I cook a chicken breast,
I usually fry it and then dust it with pepper and paprika, so what do I
know?

My mum likes to buy the Tesco "value bread". Hint: This stuff costs

half-stale the day you buy it, it has no taste at all, and it's just
horrid to eat. But in my mum's tiny lizard-brain, the loaf with the

serious outlay for me...

Similarly, while I'm not convinced that a prime Aberdeen Angus stake in
a fancy restraunt is any different to a beef stake from Tesco, I'm
downright sure a cheap try of minced beef is not in the same league. I
mean, have you *seen* how much fat you get out of that stuff when you
cook it??

Also, I'm not saying they add extra water to the chicken to make it
heavier, but... well if you slice it up and start cooking it, you end up
with a pretty impressive lake of water...