POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Failure : Re: Failure Server Time
5 Sep 2024 01:20:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Failure
From: Darren New
Date: 7 Oct 2009 11:50:24
Message: <4accb8c0$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> Heh. To think that for a dollar I could have avoided this... I'm really
> not very intelligent.

You confuse stupidity with ignorance. Ignorance can be cured. (Indeed, we
just did that.) Stupidity hurts forever. :-)

> Hmm, I wonder... Have they invented a way to attach a satnav device to
> your car in such a way that it won't constantly fall off??

Well, mine is built into the dash. ;-)

Otherwise, I've found a drop or two of silicon gel on the back of a suction
cup before pressing it to the glass will keep it there for at least several
years. (The bird feeder hasn't fallen off the window since I did that, a
good 3 or 4 years ago.)  Of course you have to let it dry completely before
you put weight on it.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)