POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : New bank trojan : Re: New bank trojan Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:24:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New bank trojan
From: scott
Date: 7 Oct 2009 06:36:07
Message: <4acc6f17$1@news.povray.org>
>> Presumably you need the account name, number and bank code to all match
>> though, it would be almost impossible to guess those unless you got the
>> data
>> somehow.  But still it seems crazy to me, it's not exactly hard to get
>> such
>> information.
>
> Well, it's not really that bad. If you find an illegal transaction of this
> type
> on your account you can easily cancel it within I think it's two weeks.

Only two weeks? I never knew it was that short, I will have to make sure I
check my online banking more regularly in future!

Anyway, do you know who picks up the cost for this - is it the bank or the
website?

But still, I'm surprised more criminals don't totally abuse this system
enough for it to get changed.