POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : 4096 pixel challenge! [image attached] : Re: 4096 pixel challenge! [image attached] (** SPOILER **) Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:19:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 4096 pixel challenge! [image attached] (** SPOILER **)
From: Kevin Wampler
Date: 6 Oct 2009 16:35:30
Message: <4acbaa12$1@news.povray.org>
clipka wrote:
> Kevin Wampler schrieb:
>> clipka wrote:
>>> #2, #12, #17, #18 and #19 (and #8 and #11) remain unaccounted for - I
>>> don't have much hope of ever being able to dig them up...
>>
>> I think you got #11 right after all.
>
> Maybe - possibly at a different resolution; the image was modified a bit
> for the splash screen (and it keeps closing after a few seconds, making
> it hard to take a close look :-P) so I find it really hard to tell.

I think your "different resolution" hypothesis is entirely correct as
the image as also in the IRTC.

>  > Except for #19
>> I think all the ones remaining are less well-known,
>
> Wait - what? So #19 is supposed to be better known than the others? Duh
> - it really doesn't ring a bell in me. (Not these 4096 pixels at least.)

I'd say that #19 is better known than the other ones you didn't get, and
I've certainly seen it used in other contexts before.  Probably not more
well known than most of the ones you correctly guessed though.