POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Today's XKCD .. : Re: Today's XKCD .. Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:22:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Today's XKCD ..
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 6 Oct 2009 14:07:22
Message: <4acb875a$1@news.povray.org>
>> Actually, DJ used to refer to it as "Polish reversed lists", but
>> whatever. ;-)
>
> DJ??

David Jones. (Yes, that was his name.) Today we'd probably all call him
Davy Jones. Which would probably puzzle the hell out of him.

He was one of the lecturers at college. If you want to know about the
binomial theorum, or Dikjstra's shunting algorithm, or DeMorgan's
theorum, or the vector cross product, this guy can tell you everything
it is humanly possible to know, and how to apply it to any imaginable
mathematical problem. Try to explain to him that you're taking down the
B/W posters to replace them with colour versions of the same posters,
and he looks at you like "wait... what?" Very strange.

>> Man, if it weren't for that guy, *I* wouldn't understand this joke either...
>
> It is not very common

Possibly not. Unless - like me - you build expression parsers just for
giggles...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/