POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Programming language development : Re: Programming language development Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:24:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Programming language development
From: Darren New
Date: 6 Oct 2009 12:06:23
Message: <4acb6aff$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> drastically, *drastically* quicker to type this as text. The diagramming
> tool makes it take 10 times longer to do (more or less) the same job.

Which is why you need to be able to go back and forth, you see.

The *problem* with being able to go back and forth is that it really doesn't
add a whole lot of value if the two forms are isomorphic.

Which is why having a CASE tool generate a textual skeleton of code, and
then being able to change that skeleton and have the CASE tool able to
handle the changes, is probably the most effective way.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)