POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Easy to use mp3 player? : Re: Easy to use mp3 player? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 01:23:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Easy to use mp3 player?
From: Invisible
Date: 6 Oct 2009 11:13:14
Message: <4acb5e8a$1@news.povray.org>
Shay wrote:
> Wife's got an ipod, but it's fried or something. I can't read it anymore
> on Linux. There must be something better out there, something I can drop
> files into without some special software interface. Digicam works this way.
>
> USB would be best. I've got a card-reader for digicam cards (xd, sd,
> etc.), but my card-reader doesn't have slots for "mini" cards.

The vast majority of modern MP3 players that I've seen use the USB mass
storage protocol - i.e., they show up like a normal USB flash drive or
external harddrive. But they can also play music. ;-)

Build quality varies widely though; to some extent you get what you pay
for, but beyond that I can't really make any recommendations. I'm happy
with my iAUDIO M5, but only once I replaced the manufacturer's buggy
firmware with RockBox - a slightly nontrivial undertaking.