POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : New bank trojan : Re: New bank trojan Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:20:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New bank trojan
From: Darren New
Date: 5 Oct 2009 18:20:46
Message: <4aca713e$1@news.povray.org>
andrel wrote:
> Same sort of procedure?

They're trusting the phone company to be harder to pervert than your
password. They're trusting that an SMS sent to you is more likely to go to
you than the bad guy breaking in.

>> I think both google and facebook allow that too, but that's to cut
>> down on spam, or some such.
>
> How does that work?

It's been a while, but I think it involves not having to enter a captcha
once you do this once with your cell phone. I.e., you've proven you're a
person (because obviously they're not going to let 300 accounts use the same
cell phone number), so you don't have to reconfirm that this account is a
real person.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)