POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Today's crazy thing : Re: Today's crazy thing Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:21:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Today's crazy thing
From: Darren New
Date: 5 Oct 2009 16:07:11
Message: <4aca51ef$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   Aren't we Europeans fools for calling soccer "football"? Soccer is for
> wimps, football is for Real Men. :)

Actually, "soccer" is the term for a particular set of rules for playing
ball games with your feet.  "Football" is ball games with your feet. So,
like, technically "hacky-sack" is football, but not soccer.

Granted, calling what americans do "football" is a stretch, if not downright
wrong. But there's more to football than just soccer, just like there's more
to poker than five-card hold'em and there's more to billiards than just pool.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)