POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : New bank trojan : Re: New bank trojan Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:22:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New bank trojan
From: Darren New
Date: 5 Oct 2009 15:34:05
Message: <4aca4a2d$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> It's not like they could withdraw money by simply
> knowing your account number.

Well, here people are worried about identity theft. (I.e., the ability to
illegally withdraw money without your permission.) I understand that in some
countries the onus is on you to prove the withdraw was illegal.

I.e., in the USA, with a credit card, you have the choice of not paying the
bill until the bank proves you really authorized that transfer. With a debit
card, the money is gone and spent, and it's up to the individual to prove to
the bank that the transfer was *not* authorized, which is a much harder
thing to do, of course.  (Hence why I don't own a debit card. :-)

My info may be either out of date or restricted to a small subset of
countries in Europe, or both.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)