POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : New bank trojan : Re: New bank trojan Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:21:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New bank trojan
From: scott
Date: 5 Oct 2009 12:00:18
Message: <4aca1812$1@news.povray.org>
>> I don't see how that would work for most German banks, as before a
>> transaction is made you need to enter a special code from a use-once list
>> that is provided from your bank.
>
> German banks are smarter. The banks here were supposed to (by recent law)
> send out those fobs with the one-time digits on them.

I have a small gizmo for my UK bank, I put my normal ATM card into it, then
type in a code provided by the website, then get given back a code that I
enter into the website to authorise the transfer.

Both that system and the German system are a little inconvenient, because
you always need to have something extra with you to make a transfer.  Still
better than the inconvenience of not being able to buy anything because
someone has stolen all your money :-)