POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : New bank trojan : Re: New bank trojan Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:19:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New bank trojan
From: Darren New
Date: 5 Oct 2009 11:59:44
Message: <4aca17f0$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> Darren New wrote:
>
>> German banks are smarter. The banks here were supposed to (by recent
>> law) send out those fobs with the one-time digits on them. Instead
>> they opted for a second password.  No! Two-factor authentication
>> doesn't mean two passwords.
>
> Epic fail.

Just a business decision. The banks are responsible for the money here. (I
understand in Europe that if someone steals your bank card or credit card,
you actually have to pay off the charges?)  It was cheaper to pay off the
losses than to send out fobs to everyone.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)