POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A fatal mistake : Re: A fatal mistake Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:22:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A fatal mistake
From: scott
Date: 5 Oct 2009 05:29:19
Message: <4ac9bc6f$1@news.povray.org>
>> ...you need to get a proper 3D CAD program? :-)
>
> Yeah, figures.

Most CAD programs I've used store a tree of features/actions used to get to
the final shape, this means you can go back and edit any of those previous
steps.  In your example the shape you drew to make the hole is stored
exactly as that in the file, then of course you can edit it and see the
result.  I saw partly this kind of behaviour in 3D Studio Max (or whatever
it's called now), in that you could keep two separate objects and see the
intersection of them, but most mesh editors just store the mesh and no extra
data.