POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : New bank trojan : Re: New bank trojan Server Time
5 Sep 2024 03:22:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New bank trojan
From: scott
Date: 5 Oct 2009 03:28:34
Message: <4ac9a022@news.povray.org>
> I always thought having executable code downloaded to your UI was a bad
> idea.  I wonder how long it will be before the general public figures out
> you need ACLs with programs as principles as well as people.
>

> http://news.cnet.com/8301-27080_3-10363836-245.html?tag=newsLeadStoriesArea.1

I don't see how that would work for most German banks, as before a
transaction is made you need to enter a special code from a use-once list
that is provided from your bank.  AFAIK there isn't a way to automatically
generate that number, the user would have to be prompted for it, which would
arouse suspicion as they're only used for transferring money.  Maybe there
are one or two banks that don't have this system, but I've never heard of
that.