POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Today's crazy thing : Re: Today's crazy thing Server Time
8 Oct 2024 20:50:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Today's crazy thing
From: Sabrina Kilian
Date: 5 Oct 2009 00:33:19
Message: <4ac9770f$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Patrick Elliott wrote:
>> Not what I am saying. The sane people already had them. You don't get
>> a lot of clear thinking people buying up guns, when people start making
>
> Fair enough. But when 150 million people already own guns, the 2 million
> crazies are less of a problem. :-)

As one of the sane ones, I would have to go buy a gun now if I were to
keep one in the house. Apartment dwelling never lent itself to anything
with more reach than a baseball bat, and the practice ranges were quite
a distance away.

>> And if he bought it because he "needed" to have it close,
>
> Yeah. I'll have to ask my cop brother where he keeps his. I know he has
> a bunch, but I naturally never saw them.
>
> His kid is *very* gun-safety aware. Like, if he sticks his finger in the
> dart-gun trigger before he's ready to shoot, he gets scolded. But
> they're all afraid of him at the paint-ball games.

I hope that his kid didn't put up with the absurdity of junior high
school gun safety class. If I ever needed a reason to dislike the
stereo-typical southern, flannel-wearing, deer antlers in pickup truck
hunters, that was it.