POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A fatal mistake : Re: A fatal mistake Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:21:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A fatal mistake
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 4 Oct 2009 13:38:01
Message: <4ac8dd79@news.povray.org>
>> I have literally no idea how this is even possible.
>
> It's sped up.

Yeah, I got that part.

I mean the part where he does something, and he can still edit it
afterwards. Or the way when he moves things, they actually go where
they're supposed to go, and it doesn't destroy the existing model. Or
where he mirrors something, and manages to get the two mirrored copies
to actually line up exactly in all directions. Or the way he draws a
small cut, repeats it 6 times, and it *just happens* that the cut is the
exact right size that exactly 6 copies of it fit in the available space.
I could go on...

Also, I cannot believe that anybody could seriously build something like
this without some kind of reference drawing to work from. It would be
impossibly difficult.

Also, if a normal person tried to do this, they'd spent 6 hours building
part of it, and then realise that it's actually completely out of
proportion, and it's now too late to change it, so you gotta start again.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/