POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Tchaikovsky : Re: Tchaikovsky Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:24:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tchaikovsky
From: Kevin Wampler
Date: 3 Oct 2009 18:38:56
Message: <4ac7d280$1@news.povray.org>
m_a_r_c wrote:
> I did not understand it as pejorative but I still disagree :-)
> We still hear Hendrix, Led Zep, the Who .... as soundtracks backing tracks
> or as them of tv shows and those tracks could have been recorded yesterday
> night..
> What about *early* Pink Floyd?

Maybe somewhat less so with early Pink Floyd.  I do think that's it's
more a matter of opinion than anything which actually has a definite
answer though.  I think mostly it derives from the fact that to me Pink
Floyd's sound seems more removed from that of other bands in the same
time.  I sort of suspect that I'll view Radiohead similarly in a few
decades for about the same reason.  Still though, I'll go with you
"question of taste" assessment.