POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Today's crazy thing : Re: Today's crazy thing Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:20:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Today's crazy thing
From: Darren New
Date: 3 Oct 2009 17:27:30
Message: <4ac7c1c2$1@news.povray.org>
Patrick Elliott wrote:
> Yet, people from areas where tornados are common often think
> people from California are insane for living where there are earth quakes.

Just so you know, where tornadoes are common, they're *usually* localized to
a few small areas. That is, you'll be driving along, and you'll come to a
stretch of undeveloped land a mile wide, with a bunch of houses on either
side.  And you'll be told "that's where the tornadoes land."

Being in a tornado region is more like being in a flood-prone region than an
earthquake-prone region.

Sure. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warsaw_Ghetto_Uprising

> And, you can't just blame the news media for
> the current tendency for all of them to be class (c).

I disagree that most people you don't hear about are particularly worried
about it.

I wasn't really talking about the politicians, but about the gun owners that
you don't hear about.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)