POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Programming language development : Re: Programming language development Server Time
5 Sep 2024 21:24:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Programming language development
From: Darren New
Date: 3 Oct 2009 16:27:23
Message: <4ac7b3ab$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Erlang? Tcl? LISP?

Actually, Ada can do this too, I'm pretty sure, even without using its OO
features.

Plus, heck, in Erlang you can make that change without stopping the program
and without losing any data.

If you look at the source for Wings3D, you can see where there are pieces of
code that basically say "hey, there's a new version of the code, load it and
run it *without* closing my window, saving the shape i'm working on, etc."
I.e., the developer could find a bug while working, fix the bug, and keep
working except with the new code running.

OO isn't going to give you *that*.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)