POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Programming language development : Re: Programming language development Server Time
5 Sep 2024 19:26:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Programming language development
From: Vincent Le Chevalier
Date: 3 Oct 2009 13:09:38
Message: <4ac78552$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:

>> Then again, maybe it's the approach taken from the wrong side, and the
>> true proper way would be embedding the source code in the
>> documentation, not vice versa - if only for the psychological effect.
>
> Yes, exactly something like this.  We probably won't get there as long
> as the primary form of source code is ascii strings.

Well, litterate programming does already exist... But the adoption rate
is not so high :-)

Hey, I've used it, even wrote my own tool to do it, but the problem is
that people don't want to write the documentation at first. If you
design a language that forces them to do so it'll just not get
adopted... Imagine if you had to document every tiny piece of code you
do just to learn how to code?

--
Vincent