POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Tchaikovsky : Re: Tchaikovsky Server Time
8 Oct 2024 20:50:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tchaikovsky
From: m a r c
Date: 3 Oct 2009 03:48:15
Message: <4ac701bf@news.povray.org>

4ac6999e$1@news.povray.org...
> m_a_r_c wrote:
>
> Yes, with the caveat that I didn't mean "dated" in any sort of bad way --
> more just that it's more clear from listening to it when the music was
> written.  I still think they are as good to listen to as they ever were.
> I mean, heck, since I like a lot of classical music it would be pretty
> surreal to use "dated" as a pejorative.

I did not understand it as pejorative but I still disagree :-)
We still hear Hendrix, Led Zep, the Who .... as soundtracks backing tracks
or as them of tv shows and those tracks could have been recorded yesterday
night..
What about *early* Pink Floyd?
I have the feeling that they were searching during that period (BTW some
must do it) while other were finding a new sound which is still surrounding
us.
Now it is a question of taste :-)

Marc