POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Programming language development : Re: Programming language development Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:15:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Programming language development
From: Chambers
Date: 3 Oct 2009 00:07:46
Message: <4ac6ce12$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Because I program for a living, and 99% of the time it's tedious, error
> prone, and suckful.  And the hardware hasn't stopped improving. But I'm
> still using the same programming techniques I used on my 2MHz
> sparkstation with 4Meg of RAM.

There are serious attempts to improve programmer efficiency, but they
are often met with derision and scorn.

Case in point: I mentioned to one of my instructors that I switched from
C++ to C#, and his response was, "So you took a step backward, then?"

You get even stronger reactions from people about Visual Basic.  This,
despite the fact that VB and C# are both designed to *increase*
programmer efficiency.

...Chambers