POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Today's crazy thing : Re: Today's crazy thing Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:20:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Today's crazy thing
From: Sabrina Kilian
Date: 2 Oct 2009 16:40:30
Message: <4ac6653e$1@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:
> On Thu, 01 Oct 2009 19:54:05 -0400, Sabrina Kilian <ski### [at] vtedu> wrote:
>> Do it, you don't need a gun to be armed. Do you know where the kitchen
>> knives are? Do you know where the nearest exits are, and how to get your
>> family to them quickly? And do you know which few things in your house
>> are worth dying to protect?
>>
>> There, now you are armed. Use this knowledge with great care.
>>
>> Strangely, this works not just for intruders, looters, and other
>> neer-do-wells, but for fires, natural disasters, and lots of other
>> situations.
>>

> Too much logic there not enough room for emotion or want ;)

So? If someone was going to get a gun for home defense, a basic safety
course would teach the same thing.

>> When did the police become a means to prevent crime?
>>

> Just after they stop breaking the law, themselves. :)

I was thinking more about how they shifted from an investigative force,
after a crime is committed, to existing with the purpose of preventing
crimes.

>> I hate to say it, but they are the same thing. One sides Freedom Fighter
>> is the other sides terrorist. One sides liberating force is the others
>> invading army. The only difference is which side you are on or, if it
>> was in the past, which side won.
>>

> So cynical for one so young :P

That was just barely cynical, I could do much worse if you prefer ;)