POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Today's crazy thing : Re: Today's crazy thing Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:23:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Today's crazy thing
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 2 Oct 2009 16:32:48
Message: <4ac66370$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Patrick Elliott wrote:
>> and most of them are definitely ***nut cases***, who already are.
>
> If you're saying that most armed people are nut cases, I think you're
> wrong. Many or most vocal armed people are nut cases, but the last poll
> I saw showed at least half the houses had a firearm and ammunition
> somewhere in the house or garage. And that's self-reported, so all the
> people who don't want to admit it showed up as unarmed.

Uh, most of the people you see recently buying up guns are taking them
to political rallies, arguing that they should be allowed to pack them
on trains with them, and complaining that they can't take them into the
local bar. I.e., nut cases. The ones buying them for their houses... are
just imho, confused about the reality of the danger, which is a) most
people that get shot in houses by guns are not criminals, and b) if
people that break into houses all know than 90% of the people they
encounter in them will be armed they will do what? Probably shoot first,
then rob you. The best thing to do if some armed wacko breaks in is to
stop being there, not confront the asshole. But, logic doesn't work with
people "defending" their homes.

--
void main () {
     if version = "Vista" {