POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Tchaikovsky : Re: Tchaikovsky Server Time
5 Sep 2024 07:18:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tchaikovsky
From: Kevin Wampler
Date: 1 Oct 2009 16:36:12
Message: <4ac512bc$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:

> John Cage? ;-)

I'm sure he at least wouldn't mind 4'33" ;-)

Along these lines I was very surprised to find that a professor who was
sitting in on a computer science seminar with me was actually a pupil of
Xenakis.  He had some amusing stories to tell about how Xenakis once
cleared out an entire concert hall save for three of his students
(including the professor) in the front row.

I was also lucky enough to hear a good reproduction of La Légende d'Eer
in an actual concert a couple of years ago.  My girlfriend who I'd
dragged to the event was somewhat less enthusiastic.